Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower tire

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LogansDaddy

Snowblower tire
Original Message   Oct 4, 2006 9:48 am
I have a flat tire. Had to get help figuring out how to get the chains off but now I can't figure out how to remove the tire. There's a pin that goes through the middle of the wheel but nothing happens when I pull the tire.

Help...

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Snowblower tire
Reply #1   Oct 5, 2006 7:02 am
Does that pin you are referring to go through the wheel assembly and axle shaft? If so it sounds like the wheel is frozen with rust to the shaft. If that's the case I would spray WD 40 or PB Blaster into the space between the wheel and axle and let it sit for a while. If the wheel still doesn't turn, with the pin out, try hammering against the center of the wheel with a hammer and piece of wood (don't hammer directly on the wheel) and then try turning the wheel again. You may also be able to get the tire off the wheel by raising that side of the blower to get the tire off the floor and using a couple of screwdrivers to work the tire off. Be careful not to pinch the tube if you plan to patch it. After you get the wheel off, put grease or anti-seize on the axle before putting the wheel back on.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
AKAmajorxlr8n

Re: Snowblower tire
Reply #2   Nov 3, 2006 2:26 am
Safest & easiest way to accomplish this is to get 2 good sized pipe wrenches, place them on each rim's center hub & spin the wrenches in opposite directions. Soak them good with PB Blaster or Kroil. If they are really stubborn, you will have to heat up the hub with a torch & then repeat the wrenching in opposite directions.

Marty FORMERLY MAJORXLR8N

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42