Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TECUMSEH - BACKFIRE OUT CARB

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
70chevrolet

TECUMSEH - BACKFIRE OUT CARB
Original Message   Jul 28, 2006 11:37 am
Tecumseh h70. Old style carb, series one I think.  Ive been playing with this carb all morning. The points have been cleaned and gapped.  I cleaned the carb good and did the pre-set adjustments (1 turn out for idle)(1 1/2 out for the main). Then I did the final adjustments with it running, warmed up. It idles great, and revs great, but when Its at idle and I hammer the throttle, it bogs and bakfires out the carb. sometimes flame and sometimes no flame. am I too lean or too fat?

Thanks in advance, 70 Chev

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Kiddano

Re: TECUMSEH - BACKFIRE OUT CARB
Reply #1   Oct 1, 2006 6:33 am
Sounds to me that it is too lean. Make sure that the little hole in the main adjustment nut is clean. It is hard to see but it is in the smaller threads towards the top of the nut.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42