Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > chainsaw no spark - water?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bardos

chainsaw no spark - water?
Original Message   Sep 29, 2006 12:37 pm
I did something maybe stupid the other day. As i was changing chains decided to clean some parts, hosed them down. then i actually sprayed the chainsaw itself to clean off the dust. Was thinking about water and electrics so I started it up and fine. Today it didn't start. I am pretty sure it's from the lack of a spark. Could water get into the magneto thingmiebob and stop the spark? I. have placed it in the sun to see if i get it evaporated, but so far nothing.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Jake

Re: chainsaw no spark - water?
Reply #1   Oct 6, 2006 2:22 pm
I'd check the spark plug first. Replace with a different one and then check for spark. Next you could clean and adjust the points if it so equipped. While in there, remove the coil and clean the coil area that comes in contact with the mount points. Also clean the attachment points ( where the (2) screws hold the coil). If no good contact, you'll have a weak or no spark condition.

Jake

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42