Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MDT blower inquiry

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pbrown4320

MDT blower inquiry
Original Message   Sep 16, 2006 1:39 pm
Hi,

I am interested in finding out some info about snow throwers made by MDT, specifcally ones by Cub Cadet and Troy Bilt.  I'd like to know people experiences with the units in general, and more specifically with the joystick shoot control.  I am wondering if the shoot control will hold up over the long haul, since it is made up plastic, and how if performs on a day to day basis.  It looks to me that it might stick and then not be usable.  I am considering buying a new machine and and tired of manually changing the shoot angle, but will only change if they one will work consistently.

Thanks,

Paul Brown

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: MDT blower inquiry
Reply #1   Sep 17, 2006 3:15 am
If the joystick is of importance to you look at the TORO. Last season there was much talk about it and they were the best at it.

Glove

Re: MDT blower inquiry
Reply #2   Oct 4, 2006 12:48 pm
I've had am MTD 10 HP for approx 7-8 years...quality and ruggedness is not close to that of an Ariens or Toro but it starts when I need it and does the job...sheetmetal thickness and wheelbearing construction are the biggest differences that I see.

I replace the oil yearly with 5-30 Mobil One and store the blower in my shed...I live in Massachusetts. Don't know if the newer models, MTD Pro (Sams Clubs) etc. are any better or even a Club Cadet, they use the same engines....if you take care of it it'sll do the job but eventually I'll get me an Ariens or Toro because the price differences are not that great anymore when you see them on sale.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42