Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD roto tillier With 5h.p. briggs

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
briggsboy

MTD roto tillier With 5h.p. briggs
Original Message   Sep 7, 2006 6:41 am
have a 5h.p.roto tiller and just changed the carb. diaphram it starts but wont stay running i have to choke it to keep it going and after awhile dies out any way...this carb has only one adjustment screw on carb and doesnt seem to have any effect when i turn it. any ideas....? i did blow out the carb with compressed air but im stumped.....
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Jake

Re: MTD roto tillier With 5h.p. briggs
Reply #1   Oct 6, 2006 4:44 pm
It still sounds like the carb. needs to be cleaned (are you sure the diaphram is oriented correctly?). I'd use a carb. cleaner. Also be sure the gas in the fuel tank is clean and free of moisture. Best thing to do is flush the fuel system and start with fresh fuel. You could also add a little dry gas to the fuel.

Jake..

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42