Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I mixed 2-cycle oil into my 4-cycle lawn mower, what should I do now....?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mavic747

I mixed 2-cycle oil into my 4-cycle lawn mower, what should I do now....?
Original Message   Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm
I did something stupid. I mixed some 2 cycle oil into the lawn mower, which runs on a 4-cycle engine.

the engine ran rough, and stopped. Then I poured out the gas, re-filled it with pain gasoline, now the engine runs alittle better, but still rough.

What should I do now?  Will the engine cleans itself up by burning off the 2-cycle oil inside?  Please help!!
Thanks

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
70chevrolet

Re: I mixed 2-cycle oil into my 4-cycle lawn mower, what should I do now....?
Reply #1   Aug 28, 2006 7:52 am
So your saying that you put gas mixed with 2 stroke oil in your mower? Or you put straight 2 stroke oil in the oil crankcase of your 4 stroke machine? I am assuming that you put the gas with the oil mix in... And you say that you drained out that gas and put new gas in. Dont worry about it,  you did no damage at all. It may smoke for a short while, but it will go away. If it continues to run rough or hard starts, put in a new spark plug.
Moderator Denis

Reply #2   Aug 29, 2006 11:04 pm
It will take probaly a few hour of running engine to retablish the engine to normal, what I suggest is add some carburator spary cleaner into the throttle whane engine running it will clean the residue of the 2 cycle oil probaly gunk into the intake :)

Good Luck

Denis

KohlerTech

Reply #3   Sep 10, 2006 5:02 am
You may have oil pooled in the carb. Most carbs have a screw on the bottom allowing you to drain them and/or pull the bowl off and drain it. Do that, and spray carb cleaner inside. Make sure you use fresh gas in the tank at least for this tankfull.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42