Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > craftsman riding mower - leveling wheels

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dknes

craftsman riding mower - leveling wheels
Original Message   Aug 22, 2006 6:43 pm
it appears as though the grass cut is NOT level.  How do I go about leveling the mower wheels?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
midmaine

Re: craftsman riding mower - leveling wheels
Reply #1   Aug 25, 2006 7:55 am
This is relatively easy. I would suggest you go to Sears and obtain a maintenance book first as it gives you clearances and exact locations of the bolts, their location can be hard to describe. There are two bolts located on either side of the mower just above the deck yet below the body. The are attached to an arm that is suspended from the frame about midway of the mower deck. The bolts hang down and should be 9/16ths. Each will raise (tighten) or lower (loosen). You should only raise or lower one side. each complete turn raises/lowers approximately 1/8th of an inch. Measure the ground clearance on a flat level surface, both sides should be within a 1/4 inch of each other. The deck should be raised as high as it will go while doing this.
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: craftsman riding mower - leveling wheels
Reply #2   Sep 10, 2006 5:38 pm
If you raise the deck to its top position as Sears instructions say it may not be hanging freely and you will not be able to get accurate measurements. For the heck of it I lowered mine to my normal mowing level (4) after following their instructions and found the deck to be way out of level. I leveled it at that height and it mows fine now.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42