Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need Help, Carb prob, 6hp Tecumseh Lawnmower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
drumsonly2002

Need Help, Carb prob, 6hp Tecumseh Lawnmower
Original Message   Aug 18, 2006 6:10 pm
 This is the scoop, cleaned and rebuilt carb on a 6 hp LEV 120 Tecumseh and it works but not well. I want to replace the carb, but a real choke I operate, no red rubber primer, and a carb that I can adjust. Any older carbs that will work? When I was a kit i use to pull old lawnmower engines from the junk pile, strip them, clean them, and put it together. Start on the first or second pull. These newer carbs are ... not as good as the old ones IMHO. Thanks!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
drumsonly2002

Re: Need Help, Carb prob, 6hp Tecumseh Lawnmower
Reply #1   Aug 18, 2006 6:19 pm
I have to chek my spelling, too impatient to post. When I was a kid, I found motors would have more adjustments and start, where as this newer stuff, carbs with a red rubber rotting bulb is made to rot. What happened to bending over and flicking a choke lever to start an engine. The better things get, the less they last.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42