Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman Riding Tractor Model 917 257740

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Flyboy

Craftsman Riding Tractor Model 917 257740
Original Message   Aug 16, 2006 5:00 pm
Greetings,

I have a 90's vintage 22 hp Kohler powered Craftsman riding tractor that has had a battery charging problem all summer. Thats not todays big deal however, I periodically recharge the battery or jump the thing off my pickup and have been mowing all summer with it untill today. I was mowing along and the motor just died. Jumped it off my pickup and the minute I engage the blades, the motor dies. The engine runs fine untill you engage the blades.  I have another 19.5 hp mower and I swapped the battery, (fully charged) into the 22 hp, engage the blade, it dies also, swapped the ignition switch, the pto switch and checked all wiring.

Is the electric clutch gone or what? The blades start to turn as you pull the switch but it kills  the engine.

Anyone else ever have this problem???

Thanks

Gary

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Craftsman Riding Tractor Model 917 257740
Reply #1   Aug 18, 2006 1:33 am
Maybe one of the safety switches not upto par

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42