Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which zero turn would you recommend?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Wheels

Which zero turn would you recommend?
Original Message   Aug 4, 2006 7:06 pm
Hi all!

I think I'm close to needing a new riding mower.  I have an acre and a quarter of mostly flat ground with one hillside to mow.  There are also the requisite trees and gardens to mow around.   I'm partial to Cub Cadet since I've had good luck with their riding mowers, but now I'm thinking zero turn.  Cub makes them, but they seem like they're late to the game with them.  Does anyone know their record with zero turns?  I'm open to other manufacturers also since Cub has not been into zero turns as long as some others.  I'm hoping to keep the price around $3500, which leaves out most of the more 'professional' consumer models.  What are your thoughts?

All recommendations are appreciated. 

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
marcbike

Re: Which zero turn would you recommend?
Reply #1   Aug 8, 2006 8:04 am
Hi Wheels,

If I had that much lawn to cut and wanted a zero turn I would look at something like Ariens zoom 1840. Their web site is selling it for $3700. They also have a slightly less powerful model the 1640 which goes for $3300.

Marc
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42