Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 3000 GTS Suzuki engine fuel leak?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LouC

Toro 3000 GTS Suzuki engine fuel leak?
Original Message   Jul 22, 2006 8:14 am
I have a Toro 3000 GTS with the Suzuki 5 hp two stroke, model # 38435, bought in 1997. It has been a good machine, but I have noticed that the bowl on the bottom of the carb is often wet with fuel. I replaced the gasket on the bowl and the bolt, but I noticed that when you prime it is when it leaks. If you start it without priming it will not leak. Apparently some fuel overflows the carb and runs out the air intake. What needs to be done to stop this leak? Carb rebuild necessary? Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
mech12

Re: Toro 3000 GTS Suzuki engine fuel leak?
Reply #1   Jul 22, 2006 12:58 pm
  yes a rebuild and good cleaning.  there is an atmospheric vent on these carbs to keep the pressure equal from inside the carb to the outside air. if this bleed gets plugged the gas with overflow.
LouC

Reply #2   Jul 22, 2006 1:11 pm
Thanks for the reply, I will get the rebuild kit and clean it out. I noticed that when I had the machine tipped up to check it, when I primed it gas shot out of an opening in the side of the carb, is that the vent?
tsmagas

Reply #3   Nov 23, 2007 8:21 pm
i have the same exact snow blower and the bowl leaks if you over prime it so dont worry about it try to start it with 1 prime if not then press it twice
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42