Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > drive & driven disc adjustment

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Robbierogers

drive & driven disc adjustment
Original Message   Jul 21, 2006 7:11 pm
I have a rear engine Snapper rider.   I put a new engine on, but can't figure out how to adjust the drive disc correctly.  It will go forward when the shifter is in the first slot, but stops moving forward when I move the shifter forward into the upper slots.  I've tried loosening the drive disc and sliding it down onto the driven disc, but just aren't getting it right.  I'm doing this with the mower tipped up on to its rear, if that matters.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mech12

Re: drive & driven disc adjustment
Reply #1   Jul 22, 2006 1:20 pm
  ok lets start off with the new engine.  is the lenght of crankshaft the same as old engine??? first measurement is from inderside of mounting surface of engine.  should be between 3 and 3/4 to 3 and 13/16 max  to smooth surface of drive disc. if not looasen the set screws up on drive disc and adjust accordingly.  second there should be a linkage on the left hand side, the shift yoke,  move spring to top hole on linkage and to the furthest back on yoke.  more if needed
Robbierogers

Re: drive & driven disc adjustment
Reply #2   Jul 22, 2006 9:01 pm
Okay, thanks.  Yes, the engine crank shaft is the same, but I hadn't tried adjusting the spring.  I'll try that.  Appreciate the help.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42