Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh 6.0 hp motor only runs when primer bulb is held in

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
oDd_JoB_bOb

Tecumseh 6.0 hp motor only runs when primer bulb is held in
Original Message   Jun 8, 2006 4:05 pm
Hi i have an tecumseh 6 hp motor and this year i took it out to mow my lawn and i got it about half done  ant the mower cut out i thought it might have been out of gas but the gas was fine.
i knowsed that it would only go while continue ous pushing of the primer bulb or just holding it in.So where i my self am a pretty good handy man i removed the carb to check it anc clean it during the removal process the i nodiced the air filter had a hole in it and might have sucked in some dirt and clogged up the carb. Once i cleaned the carb i put it back on and i tried to start it but would only run for a few seconds and cut out but if i hold in the primer bulb the mower and it runs fine.
What could the problem be and how could i fix it?
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
spottedpony

Re: Tecumseh 6.0 hp motor only runs when primer bulb is held in
Reply #3   Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
check your lines to and from the primer.....a crack or air leak here would allow it  to suck air and create a vacuum leak, or possibly the diaphram in the primer bulb has gone south. try replacing the primer bulb and while your doing that go ahead and replace the primer bulb lines

i had the exact same problem on a leaf blower and what i mentioned above turned out to be the problem
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42