Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Increasing Tip Speed On Craftsman Tractor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
richb

Increasing Tip Speed On Craftsman Tractor
Original Message   Jun 7, 2006 8:32 pm
 I've got a Craftsman lawn tractor Model 917.272751. I'd like to replace the mandrel pullies to a smaller size , or the motor pulley to a larger size to increase the blade tip speed  so I can do a decent job in 4th or 5th gear and get done in a decent amount of time. Can anyone give me some advise on this? I'm looking to boost tip speed by 20 -25%. I think the mandrel pullies are splined. Anyone know where I can get smaller diameter splined pullies that would fit or are the odds better on getting a larger motor pulley(double pulley0. I believe these Craftsman are generic maybe some interchange with Murray? Also how do you measure the outer dia. of pullies? From the bottom of the V groove or to the outer edge of the pulley. Thanks Rich B.
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42