Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HRT216TDA loss of drive power.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bob414

Honda HRT216TDA loss of drive power.
Original Message   Apr 28, 2006 10:42 pm
My lawnmower, 3 speeds, spins the wheels in all 3 speeds.  But does not generate enought torque to mow grass, except poorly in 1st gear.  Is there a clutch in the transmission?  Is this a belt tension thing?  I have the shop manual, but it offers little help.  The transmission is a non repairable, but replaceable item.  And I don't know if it will fix my problem.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mech12

Re: Honda HRT216TDA loss of drive power.
Reply #1   Apr 29, 2006 9:07 am
first  try replacing the drive belt.  alot of times the belt gets glazed and you will lose traction.  also  when down there check the pulley on the crankshaft,  if this looks shiny  either replace or try some sandpaper and clean.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42