Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Rear engine mower moves when in neutral

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
philrogers

Ariens Rear engine mower moves when in neutral
Original Message   Apr 20, 2006 12:03 am
I have a ariens rear engine mower that will still pull when it is in neutral.I know that something is supposed to hold the clutch pedal down some to disengage the drive.The other day I started it and it took off across the garage.I cannot figure out what holds the pedal down.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mech12

Re: Ariens Rear engine mower moves when in neutral
Reply #1   Apr 20, 2006 11:20 am
  first off  make sure your disc is not worn down.   second make sure all adjustments are correct underneath, as the drive disc and driven disc are contacting in the correct  spot. nuetral should be in the middle of disc  not contacting.  you might be able to go to areins.com and download a service manual. 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42