Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Omark Chippit

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RalphS

There's a reason for more than one snowblower.
Because.
1974 Ariens 824 SnoThro
197? Ariens ST270 SnoThro
1988 Ariens ST824 SnoThro
196? REO Snowblower
1960 Ariens SnoThro
1964 Ariens SnoThro

Omark Chippit
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 5:16 pm
Along with my AriensST824 project, I picked up an Omark Chippit Model 800G Chipper a few weeks ago. Built like a tank (cast aluminum body), removable "shredder" and "chipper" feed funnels. Same as the one being sold on Craigslist in San Diego, except mine is missing engine and drive pulley.
I already asked the seller in San Diego if they had any manuals or info- nothing available.
I asked what manufacturer/ model engine it had, but no further response.
So...
Does anyone have any info on this one? I was told it was an 8HP, but not sure. I may have a 10 HP Briggs coming my way, it would be nice if that was what was on it originally.  Drive pulley diameter would also be helpful, although I could probably figure out something close (as long as I don't drive the chipper so the knives go supersonic-ha ha!)
As usual, thanks to all for any help.
Ralph
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
joromu

Re: Omark Chippit
Reply #4   Apr 18, 2006 4:33 am
I have a omark chippit made by oregon saw of portland oregon model #500G 5hp briggs runs great. purchased 3 years ago for 90.00. it has removable feed shoots and makes great bark mulch or compost and does up to 3 inch branches. good luck with yours.
Kiko

Reply #5   Jun 24, 2008 3:21 am
I just picked up a Chippit chipper from Craigslist. It runs and looks sturdy enough. How do I  get into it to sharpen the shreader blades?
kbjuan

Reply #6   Feb 19, 2011 7:34 pm
mine looks like it has an 8 hp on it.I just got it running today. To sharpen the blades take out the bolts around the outside od the base of the unit. It should then lift off and you can access the blades to sharpen them. Can anyone send me the link to the manual.

Happy shreading

Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42