Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2004 Toro Lawnmower with 6.5hp Tecumseh engine carb. leaking- just bought please help!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rmeredith

2004 Toro Lawnmower with 6.5hp Tecumseh engine carb. leaking- just bought please help!
Original Message   Apr 14, 2006 12:19 am
Hi all,

I am not mechanically inclined and just bought the mower displayed in the subject of this post.  It had only been used 5 times I was told and looks brand new.  It hadn't been started for 2 years and the gas hadn't been changed.  I pulled it and it started on first pull, ran for a few seconds and quit.  I figured this was because of the old fuel so I intend to change that anyways and use fuel stabilizer as recommended in the manual.  When I got it home gas was dripping from the carb and wouldn't stop.  I'm not sure how to fix this problem, but had read in a different forum from 2002 regarding a different engine that the fuel tank and lines should be cleaned.  I was wondering if this could be the cause and if so how to go about doing this.  I'm assuming that there isn't any gas left in the carburetor, but would also like to know if it can be drained by turning a screw or something.  Also can the fuel tank be drained without having to tip it or would adding fresh fuel and stabilizer be ok?  I really can't afford to take it into a Toro shop so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rob

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rmeredith

Re: 2004 Toro Lawnmower with 6.5hp Tecumseh engine carb. leaking- just bought please help!
Reply #2   Apr 14, 2006 9:23 pm
Thank you.  I went to my local Toro dealer and was told to remove the float bowl and spray the inside of the bowl with carburator cleaner as well as the float.  I did that as well as put fresh gas in and now it runs great.  I just have one further problem and that is there is oil coming out from under the front-wheel drive cover.  I'll save that for another post.
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42