Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > just a thought

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
SmMotorsRep

if it not broke your not trying hard enough

just a thought
Original Message   Apr 7, 2006 11:40 pm
why are people useing super gas in there machine instead of reg gas?? ya I know new machines recommend it but it makes no sence to me ...I got a yard full of machines {snownblower & lawnmowers} with there connecting rods compleaty smash ..All these machines are less then 10 yrs old and useing 5w30 oil .. My opion is hey it's a small motor with a small piston.. you dont have a mussel engine there with 32 vavles and 400hp it a small engine 1 piston and what ever hp 3 to 23hp just an example .. reg gas and 10w30 will do great just my thought Mark

too many to keep track of
Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
SmMotorsRep

if it not broke your not trying hard enough

Re: just a thought
Reply #8   Apr 11, 2006 12:15 am
thks guys for your input and i agree 100% for the oil and major you might have a point with the clearance ..but I am from the old school {mind you i still go to school once and a while to get up dated}{small motors} and its my 3rd yr learning computers {how to use compter that is} but back to old school people ask what oil should i put in my snowblower i alway ask if you have a heated garage or a cold garage or do just have a tarp on it outside? There is a big diffrence and diffrent oils should be consider up were i am temp in the winter drops to -30 about -0 in the u.s temp are driveway are not reg ex: 15ftx25 ours are like 15ft x 100ft + if your useing 5w30 after a while that motor is hot and the oil is not as strong I recommand them changing the oil every 15 hrs ..Thats with a cold garage or the unit is stored out side ..But if you have a heated garage with a machine 6 yrs of age or plus with a big driveway use 10w30 oil ..I had a guy came this winter with a machine he had a block heater on it he felt comfortable useing 10w30 cause he had a machine i say about 9 yrs old..he rig the heater up so it was agaist his block and plug it in about 1 hr before he had to use it . i took my hat off to him... he got the strenth of 10w30.. but by heating the block his oil wasnt thick like tar .. and for nibbler i rather not say the makes and models but there not nock off {I never knew they made knock off} and for the engine with/without load the governor should take care of that?? once angain thks a lot guys Mark

too many to keep track of
woofie

manually jump the exciter
Reply #9   May 29, 2006 12:40 pm
  My es 6500 honda generator..takes 5 minutes to warm up & generate power, 70 degree weather.. After that it is fine all day. Turn it off & on.. I think it could be the exciter.does anyone know How I can easily magnitize the exciter again... Or, any other thought about this ....  Where would I find the automatic regulator & excter wire

thanks   woofie

e-mail  woofnwoof@gmail.com  

Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42