Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Swisher Trailmower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Jason1

Swisher Trailmower
Original Message   Apr 5, 2006 12:56 pm
Hi all. I just moved to a new home that has about 2 acres I need to mow. My 5 hp murray (push) mower is no longer going to cut it. Anybody have experience with the Swisher 60" Trailmower?  Since I've already decided to buy an ATV (and plow), I thought it would be fun to mow with it too.

Pros, Cons, reliability, other comments?

Any other brands of towable mowers exist?

Jason

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
spottedpony

Re: Swisher Trailmower
Reply #1   Apr 5, 2006 10:25 pm
depending on budget, perhaps consider a small tractor with a loader, 20 to 30 hp range & a pto driven finish mower then you can purchase about any implement you wish to use it'll be much more effecient than trying to use implements behind a 4 wheeler thats not designed for that sort of work
racingpast

A parts replacer is not a mechanic!

A good mechanic is a good find indeed!

Purchase from those who service what they sell & actually know what they are doing.

Reply #2   Apr 13, 2006 5:33 pm

The problem I have seen with trail mowers is the engine is low & uncovered on most brands. Debris tends to collect on the engine causing an obstruction in the cooling air flow or It is sucked in by the engine cooling fan, chopped up by the rotating screen grid & packed into the engine cooling fins. Again, obstructing cooling air flow. Either way, the result is the same: an overheated engine, cooked engine oil, a connecting rod out the side of the block & a major failure which is not covered by warranty.

philrogers

Reply #3   Apr 19, 2006 11:35 pm
I have one that I pull behind my ATV.It works ok.Sometimes I pull it behind my riding mower.I offset it to mow a wider cut.The previous post brought up a point that I hadn't thought of.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42