Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower muffler bolts

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mpmagoo1

Snowblower muffler bolts
Original Message   Mar 27, 2006 11:00 am
One of the two bolts that hold the muffler onto the engine of my snowblower broke in two pieces. It's a 10 hp Tecumseh L-Head, if it matters. Do I need to go to the outdoor power shop and get special bolts, or can I go to Home Depot and match the thread and length and be done with it? Thanks in advance.

Matt

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mpmagoo1

Re: Snowblower muffler bolts
Reply #3   Mar 28, 2006 1:05 pm
Not sure how it broke. I was blowing and it just started to run like crap. Took the shroud off to check the carb and noticed the muffler didn't look right. One bole broke at the point where the threads stop and the shoulder stops. There was enough sticking out that I could grab it with vice grips and take it out.
countryboy

Re: Snowblower muffler bolts
Reply #4   Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm
You got pretty lucky you could get the bolt out, if it would have been rusted in they can be a real pain to get out alot of times. I would also suggest getting some anti-sieze to put on the bolts, it will make it much easier to get the bolt out someday if you want to and the exhuast bolts tend to rust in more than most bolts too. You should be able to get the anti-sieze at a hardware or farm store, if not an auto parts store will have it. Good luck
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42