Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > trimmers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
oakville

trimmers
Original Message   Mar 14, 2006 4:08 pm
well, that winter sucked.  i don't even have 2 hours run time on my new 926DLE.  what a waste.

so it's time to look at lawn equipment again.  I was looking at electric trimmers, but then remembered that i hate cords.  thought about rechargeable, but i'd never remember to charge it before i needed it.  I've got a gas mower and a gas blower, why not a gas trimmer.  Then i remembered that i hate premixing.  Does anyone have a nice lightweight, cheap, reliable trimmer that is either 4 stroke or oil injected that they would recommend?

if it's gotta be premixed, any advice/suggestions?

Replies: 13 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Loudpedal

Husqvarna 8527SBE

Re: trimmers
Reply #13   Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Oakville, my brother who incidentially lives in Oakville, has the el cheapo $99 Weedeater.  He's had no problems unlike my $99 Homelite trimmer which is now in the trash.   The weedeater was also much quiter.   I think I'm going to forego my desire for a 4 stroke and just pick up one of the el cheapo weedeaters.   My OPE dealer said that the weedeaters are the best of the cheapie trimmers. 
Bacardi

Re: trimmers
Reply #14   Apr 1, 2006 12:52 pm
I would also seriously take a look at the Black and Decker Grasshog trimmers. I was in Cdn Tire today, and I found the B&D 13 inch corded electric seems to be better built than the 12 inch Weedeater. It costs more but also has a stronger upper handle, higher amp motor and converts to an edger.  They also have the same model B&D for $10 less and it comes with a 6V electric screwdriver.

Wonder if the screwdriver is included because its screws come loose a lot...  Just a bonus toy I imagine.

Replies: 13 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42