Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help choosing between lawn mower please

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kulboy

Help choosing between lawn mower please
Original Message   Mar 21, 2006 3:21 pm
I am looking at the Honda lineup of lawn mowers at Home Depot (I have a 20% off coupon).  The two models I am looking at in peticular are the:

HRR216VXA - This is the new one with the Variable Speed on the handlebar that you use like an accelerator.  $499

HRX217TDA- Or this one with the bigger motor and a few more bells and whistles. $599

I really like the one with the variable speed on the handle bar.  I test drove one today and really liked the way it felt.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this new model.  I also understand the importance of the hrx model for only $100 more,  but am leaning towards the variable speed model.  Any thoughts would be most appreciated. 

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
kulboy

Re: Help choosing between lawn mower please
Reply #2   Mar 21, 2006 5:58 pm
 I was worried also that the variable speed might not be a fun bill if it ever needed to get fixed.  As far as the motor the brochure for the hrx says gcv 190 ohc/ohv and the hrr216 says gcv 160 ohc/ohv.
Noreaster2003

Re: Help choosing between lawn mower please
Reply #3   Mar 25, 2006 1:30 pm
What size is your yard?

I mow and bag 13,000sf of actual lawn and i really appreciate the blade clutch on the HRX217HXA.  I purchased that mower the first year they come out (and the summer i bought my house) and that was the only model on the market at that time with the BBC other than a $900 john deere. I have only had 2 minor problems since i pulled it out of the box and they were fixed 1st year under warranty.  One was the plastic cover for the air cleaner would not stay on and it was replaced.  The other was if i filled the tank without turning the fuel shutoff to the off position then let the mowwer sit, it would start leaking gas from the carb.

Overall i am very happy with this mower, if toro still had the 3 speed super recycler mower with BBC i would have gotten it for less money but am glad i ended up with the honda.

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42