Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Damn tree stump...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BBgarage

Damn tree stump...
Original Message   Mar 14, 2006 5:05 pm
Hey, here is the deal, we have a few tree stumps(a year or so old) in the back. They range from about a foot to 18 inches thick. I want to know the cheapest(rental wise) and best way to get rid of them, and I need them out fast. I was thinking about digging down about 6 inches or so below ground level around the entire thing and just taking a chainsaw to it. If my neighbors didn't care I would just drill some holes, pour some gasoline, and let em burn but that isn't an option, at  least for one of them.

Basically, being 2 years before I leave for the USMC Reserves and then college, I want my final two Halloween displays to get onto TV(have been doing setups since I was about 5). This year I have more people(3-4) and more money, and I decided on making a ride. Anyway, we want the track down by May 1st, and since we are very crammed these tree stumps have to go. You can read more about what I have done, etc, at Halloweenforum.com, my username there is crazymjb.

Mike
Replies: 10 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BBgarage

Re: Damn tree stump...
Reply #10   Mar 15, 2006 7:47 pm
Wow, I botched that.  I meant stamping tool, the ones meant for packing down dirt. This root was about 4 inches by 6 inches.

Mike
power

Reply #11   Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am
Try that stump out at home cheapo. It didn't work for me but I used diesel fuel instead of kerosene. I heard it does work well. *
BBgarage

Reply #12   Mar 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Problem is, I need it out instantly, I cant wait for some chemicals to work their magic. I was thinking of just dousing it in gasoline and trying to burn it, but its a little close to the fence.

Mike
Replies: 10 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42