Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What do you recommend spraying the chute and auger with?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MikeSnow

What do you recommend spraying the chute and auger with?
Original Message   Jan 30, 2006 10:45 am
What do you recommend spraying the chute and auger with?  I have seen Home Depot sells a product for it that looks like and feels like the silicone spray(wet tire) I spray on my car tires.  I have also heard about waxing them, spraying them with wd 40, and spraying them with Pam cooking spray.

What has worked for you guys, and what hasn't?

I am sure my new blower purchase guarantees us no more snow up here, but I can look forward to next year.

Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
SnowPro

Re: What do you recommend spraying the chute and auger with?
Reply #8   Mar 13, 2006 8:14 pm
power wrote:
Silicone!!! Some guys use fluid film.

Wow!

I would say that if you are rich enough to use Fluid Film to coat the shoot, then maybe you could afford a service and stay warm inside.  That stuff, while great, is quite expensive.

Ken

Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42