Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Snow Blower Pushing Snow - Need Help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tds1

Ariens Snow Blower Pushing Snow - Need Help
Original Message   Mar 13, 2006 6:36 pm
Have a new Ariens 7524 Snow Blower that I have been using for much of the season, and haven't been able to get it working correctly. Driveway is fairly steep, but I have similar problems on flat areas. Today we had about 10 inches of quite heavy snow. It will work OK for small stretches, but quite quickly it is just pushing snow instead of blowing it. I have had this problem even in relatively light snow falls. If does seem that the auger area is getting clogged with snow. Any advice? I just bought some silicone spray, but this seems to be a bigger problem than just that. Does it need belt adjustment (I admit, I never adjusted anything when I set it up). Any help would be appreciated. My next door neighbor has a 11.5 HP Ariens (which he also set up without any adjustments) and it has absolutely no problems, but I can't imagine that the difference in HP is the issue. Or is it???
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
tds1

Re: Ariens Snow Blower Pushing Snow - Need Help
Reply #1   Mar 13, 2006 7:48 pm
OK, I am an idiot - I knew I should have moved to Florida instead of Minnesota. Anyway, on slightly more careful examination, it looks like I have broken a shear bolt on one side (that side the auger turns freely). So, I will replace that. I am sure that will make a huge difference! Any other tips for better operation (other than I should have had it adjusted at a dealer)? I will also now start using the silicone spray. Any other adjustments to check/make? Did I probably just break a bolt by hitting a small rock or something or could a huge pile of snow do the same thing?

By the way, I figured out my problem when I went back into the garage tonight and noticed all the snow on the augur was on one side. Sherlock Holmes I am not!!

nibbler

Re: Ariens Snow Blower Pushing Snow - Need Help
Reply #2   Mar 14, 2006 9:11 am
Many people , except (cough) me of course, have had that problem. It probably wasn't snow but a rock, stick or frozen newspaper that csused the bolt to shear. Another good reason for the blower not throwing snow is the belt that drives the auger system not being properly adjusted and slipping.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42