Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh LH318SA 9.25 HP Hard to Start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
thomas4d

Tecumseh LH318SA 9.25 HP Hard to Start
Original Message   Feb 24, 2006 11:58 am
I have a brand new Ariens 926LE with tecumseh 9HP engine.  The first time I used it is was very hard to start. It will not start with the pull rope at all. Choke on , 3 primes, throttle up.  The only way I was able to get her started was to use electric starter n hit the primer while cranking engine . Once it starts it seemed to run fine. When I has doing the drive I noticed oil coming out the rubber tube . I shut it down. Changed oil to proper level.  I checked spark plug and it was black. I wanted to check air cleaner but I dont see where it is. I then went to get a new plug. Changed plug , oil at full.  Now I start it and its better but I still have to crank with electric starter n hit primer at same time. Once its warm i can start with rope but still have to choke the warm moter. I ran it for a bit pulled new plug and its black now too. I had a old international cadet with a 8hp briggs that fires up with ease. What do you think is my problem here. I do get a puff of black smoke when it first starts on choke but not a lot. Again once it starts it seems to run fine. Any Ideas or suggestions? Dave.        thomas4d@netzero.com  
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
thomas4d

Re: Tecumseh LH318SA 9.25 HP Hard to Start
Reply #3   Feb 26, 2006 12:35 pm
Thanks for the great post i will flip the rubber cable clamp to prevent contact with spade terminal. I decided to run unit out of fuel. We got a little snow this morning. Put in fresh gas . Boom she started as soon as i hit starter button. That along with new plug seem to solve things. I quess fresh gas matters more than I thought. I wasn't that old but it seemed to make all the difference. I can't wait to get some deep snow to really try it out. I am just crazy that way.      Thanks Dave   
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42