Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > No Spark

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
DRLMN1

No Spark
Original Message   May 29, 2005 6:17 pm
  I'm having a problem getting any type of spark on a B/S small engine. I changed the points and condenser yesterday and checked the coil with a home made tester with a 6V battery. With that I got a spark to the spark plug.  Which to me indicates the secondary and primary is working. Using a multi-meter connected to the plug wire and ground, it appears to have voltage to the plug. The point are set right and the gap between the magneto and flywheel are set. I've checked everything I can think of to check. Shorted wires, open wires, etc. The engine is a 92982, type 1704. There is no kill switch, and if there was I wouldn't be getting any voltage at the plug wire when using a multi-meter. I'm lost as to what is going on. Any help would certainly be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Replies: 13 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DNK1

Re: No Spark
Reply #13   Feb 21, 2006 1:13 pm
I'm in agreement with snowshoveler, an electronic coil will take away all the guess work and save a ton of time .
Replies: 13 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42