Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Frozen axles

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BobSmith

Frozen axles
Original Message   Feb 18, 2006 1:52 pm
Guys

I have an Ariens 7524 that I bought new last Nov. It seems that ever since I have had it when it's really cold (and to some extent when it's not that cold) when I go to move the blower out of the shed, the wheels are frozen, and I have to move it back and forth with some force in order to unstick them. Is this common? Is there potential damage to the axles with this forcing them to move?

I sprayed some silicone into the axle area as best I could but I think that the freezing is happening in the inner part and it may not have much of an effect. Any ideas? Probably regrease would be an idea but for such a new unit, why is this happening? Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42