Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Noma Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
speeddemon560

Noma Snowblower
Original Message   Feb 12, 2006 10:38 pm
Hello.  I have a Noma snowblower.  It has a 9hp engine on it and the cutting path is like 28 inches.  It snowed a lot here today and I sheared a total of 5 pins on the left auger side while snowblowing my driveway.  Eventually, I had to use my neighbors becuase I got so mad.  Last year, we didn't get as much snow and I didn't shear any pins.  Any thoughts why the pins keep shearing only on the one side and what I can do to fix it?  Thanks.
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
speeddemon560

Re: Noma Snowblower
Reply #4   Feb 14, 2006 7:14 pm
I have no idea.  I just bought some shear bolts/pins from the hardware store and they seemed to fit fine.  I will see if the auger is making contact with the ground causing them to break.  Thanks
jogo

Re: Noma Snowblower
Reply #5   Feb 14, 2006 7:52 pm
speeddemon560 wrote:
I have no idea.  I just bought some shear bolts/pins from the hardware store and they seemed to fit fine.  I will see if the auger is making contact with the ground causing them to break.  Thanks

If you get the wrong ones they will either snap prematurely(best case scenario) or not snap in time to save your machine from damage. If you have any of  the same shear bolts that keep breaking left, then take the good one out and move it to the side that breaks, then put the ones that keep breaking in the other side. If the old bolt now holds, and the new ones break when swapped to other side, then the trouble is the bolt.

BY all means...only get bolts/pins made for your machine.     try this site for older NOMA parts....http://www.jackssmallengines.com/snow_noma.cfm

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42