Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > good chain saw to buy ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
buddys

good chain saw to buy ?
Original Message   Feb 14, 2006 2:22 pm
Wanting some input as to what saw is a good buy . I cut about 4-5 cord of hard wood per year i now have a husky 245 xp but its getting tired so looking for something new . just wondering what you guys are using .

thanks  chris in nova scotia . canada

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
toolpig

Re: good chain saw to buy ?
Reply #1   Feb 15, 2006 4:43 am
Hi Chris,

I own a 254XP, good fast saw but it was getting tired as well.  I recently purchased a Husqvarna 365 special. It is a big powerful saw thats tailored to lopping up big hardwood.  The only drawback is that it is heavy. I got it here in NB for $700 taxes in.

I've also used a 270 Stihl that my brother owns. It is a nice light , fast saw and good priced here in the Maritimes.  The only drawback to it was it runs poorly in the snow without a winter kit.  Stihl also offers a 290 but it's not as rugged as the 270.

Good luck in your purchase!  

Rob

Ariens 11528 snowthrower, Craftsman 18hp lawn tractor, Craftsman 5hp lawn mower, Craftsman 4.25hp pressure washer, Stihl BG55 leaf blower and vac, Stihl SH26 string trimmer, Husqvarna 365 special Chainsaw, Husqvarna 254XP chainsaw.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42