Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > husky 254xp chainsaw

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
buddys

husky 254xp chainsaw
Original Message   Feb 6, 2006 12:49 pm
Wondering what is a good compression  for a saw mine seems to be around 50 -55 pounds?
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DNK1

Re: husky 254xp chainsaw
Reply #2   Feb 8, 2006 11:24 pm
buddys wrote:
Wondering what is a good compression  for a saw mine seems to be around 50 -55 pounds?

That is not near enough. Should be at least 80psi to run decent.  Normally they are around 100psi to as high as 140psi. Take the muffler off and see if the piston is scored.
toolpig

Re: husky 254xp chainsaw
Reply #3   Feb 9, 2006 4:40 am
My 254XP lacked compression and the piston wasn't scored.

It turned out that one of the bearings (pin bearing) came out of where the connecting rod is attached to the crank and came up through the cylinder. It didn't damage the piston or cylider sides. (just the top) It gave enough play in the rod to oval the cylinder and lose compression. In the end the saw wouldn't start.

Ariens 11528 snowthrower, Craftsman 18hp lawn tractor, Craftsman 5hp lawn mower, Craftsman 4.25hp pressure washer, Stihl BG55 leaf blower and vac, Stihl SH26 string trimmer, Husqvarna 365 special Chainsaw, Husqvarna 254XP chainsaw.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42