Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 8 HP Toro carburetor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jlooper

8 HP Toro carburetor
Original Message   Feb 7, 2006 1:33 pm
I have read that the carburetor should make a rattle noise if shock. Supposedly there is something cast in the body, and if it doesn't rattle the carburetor should be replaced.

Is this something that is truely not accessible or is it something hidden behind the two metal plugs on the body? What problems will the carburetor have if this thing is stuck and doesn't rattle?

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jlooper

Re: 8 HP Toro carburetor
Reply #2   Feb 7, 2006 11:16 pm
It is a 1991 Tecumseh engine on a Toro 8 HP snowblower. The engine runs fine. Just wondering if the carburetor has a thing that is supposed to rattle, and it doesn't, will it affect the power when loaded up. What is this thing rattles used for?
countryboy

Re: 8 HP Toro carburetor
Reply #3   Feb 8, 2006 12:37 am
It is used to meter fuel, but I cannot say if that year is supposed to have it or not. I would say if it runs right you are fine but need to ask a few more questions.
1. If the engine runs fine, why did you have the carb off?
2. Have you looked at the spark plug and if so what color is it?

So with all that said if it starts good, revs up good and has good power I wouldn't worry about it.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42