Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > power grease gun

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Tracktor

power grease gun
Original Message   Jan 22, 2006 10:48 am
with many fittings to grease on Kubota tractor I was thinking about a powered grease gun (cordless or air powered). Any experience or recommendations?

Thanks

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: power grease gun
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2006 12:32 pm
Tracktor

I have an air powered gun.No experience with cordless and don't find the need for one. Its ok as long as you have easy access to an air line.Just watch out .Its easy to over grease which isn't a problem except very messy!

Best of Luck,  Allan

spottedpony

Re: power grease gun
Reply #2   Jan 22, 2006 12:53 pm
personally i think in other than professional applications air or cordless grease guns are a gimick & as you say with the air gun you have to have an air supply available. during the farming season i grease the tractor and impliment every morning, & it takes very little time. 10 or 15 minutes will have a machine and tool greased and ready for the days work.  under an occasional use scenerio most manufacturers recommend greasing every 20 hours or so (depending on mfgr) & with occasional use that can be anywhere from several days to a month or so.....for example i have a small 50 hp new holland i use mainly for mowing (bushoging) it'll see around 10 hours a month so under normal operating conditions it gets greased usually once a month

for those balky grease fittings ive found that applying pressure to the grease gun handle & at the same time rapping the joint of pin in question with a rubber or plastic mallet will usually clear then and allow them to take grease easily

dont forget air cleaner maintence, & a check of regular fluid levels also.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42