Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > tecumsch or briggs + stratton engines which one ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snoman561

tecumsch or briggs + stratton engines which one ?
Original Message   Jan 21, 2006 10:44 am
I have decided to buy a ariens 7524 snow blower it comes with a tecumsch 7.5 hp ohv snowking engine or for 30 dollars move you can get a briggs + stratton 7.5 power built ohv engine any comments on which one is better would be a big help to me . thanks in advance
Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
EGreen

Re: tecumsch or briggs + stratton engines which one ?
Reply #12   Jan 25, 2006 1:46 am
Another factor is the briggs powebuilt doesn't have a throttle.  I find a throttle important if you want to slow the engine down and quiet it down while bringing it back to the garage or talking with neighboors etc. w/o haveing to restart it.  The Tecumseh OHV is the premium tecumseh engine (i think) while the powerbuilt is Briggs bottom line enging for snow throwers.  It really doesn't matter much but I would keep the money and spend it one something else you want.

EGreen

Re: tecumsch or briggs + stratton engines which one ?
Reply #13   Jan 25, 2006 1:47 am
EGreen wrote:
Another factor is the briggs powebuilt doesn't have a throttle.  I find a throttle important if you want to slow the engine down and quiet it down while bringing it back to the garage or talking with neighboors etc. w/o haveing to restart it.  The Tecumseh OHV is the premium tecumseh engine (i think) while the powerbuilt is Briggs bottom line enging for snow throwers.  It really doesn't matter much but I would keep the money and spend it one something else you want.

should also mention my last tecumseh lasted around 40 years.

Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42