Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > new 926DLE or Honda7hptrac model electric start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wishbone

Born to Blow

new 926DLE or Honda7hptrac model electric start
Original Message   Jan 6, 2006 3:34 pm
First of all let me say thanks to all the regulars on this site for taking the time to give their valued information on the many different types of snowblower situations we find ourselves in.  Great job to all.

After seeing both machines but not using either my gut feeling is that the Arien926DLE is more of a rugged machine than the Honda.  Heavy gauge steel, large impellers, bigger augers, the list goes on and on.  My question is why are the Honda's more $$.  Is it because of the transmission?  That is the only thing I can think of?

I have been blowing snow for 10 years on a Craftsman, 8hp, 28"cut....   1978!!  Just changed the two belts and the impeller bearing but didn't get to the bearing quick enough.  The shaft has been worn down considerably where it goes though the bearing.  The impeller is still banging a bit on the box but no where near as bad as it was before.  (I thought if I ignored it perhaps it would go away)  I don't think that there are too many storms left in the old baby.  So have to pick one of the above.  Was all excited about the Honda until I visited the Arien dealer this morning.  Now.... I am all orange!!!

Thanks for any advice.

Jon

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
wishbone

Born to Blow

Re: new 926DLE or Honda7hptrac model electric start
Reply #10   Jan 7, 2006 1:48 pm
Good eye Toolpig!!  I will check it out for sure.  (owe you a tool of your choice)

Jon

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42