Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Please respect people that have another language

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Moderator Denis

Please respect people that have another language
Original Message   Dec 31, 2005 10:13 pm
This is not the first time that some members complaint about my writing?

listen I'm french I do my best we live in a free country please have some respect okay!

Denis

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
toroman

Re: Please respect people that have another language
Reply #4   Jan 1, 2006 10:22 pm
Denis, you should be commended for your command of the english language,

Salut, un autre Quebecois (allophone)

Hey are you the guy owns D Mini Motor in Laval ?

toolpig

Reply #5   Jan 2, 2006 3:58 am
Keep posting Denis !

Your spelling/grammar is better than mine ,and English is my first language!

Salut et bienvenue mon ami!

-Rob

Ariens 11528 snowthrower, Craftsman 18hp lawn tractor, Craftsman 5hp lawn mower, Craftsman 4.25hp pressure washer, Stihl BG55 leaf blower and vac, Stihl SH26 string trimmer, Husqvarna 365 special Chainsaw, Husqvarna 254XP chainsaw.
plugger

Reply #6   Jan 4, 2006 7:37 pm
I don't have a problem with posters who don't use English as a first language.  I find it humbling since I don't speak anything but English.  The people I have trouble with are the ones that use things like 'u', 'ur',  'ne1' and similar shortcuts.  How lazy does a person have to be to not be able to type the whole word?  I usually take it as a sign that the poster is too lazy to put any thought into his post so I stop reading and move on to the next post.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
wally

Reply #7   Jan 4, 2006 11:32 pm
Hmmmm......well, Plugger....what you have is an issue with the "text messaging" community - that's their modus operandi.  So, in their world, they might tell YOU to "get with the program"!!!   And, Buttlint.... I suspect no chains are being rattled.... we should accept, without question, other people's  idiosyncrasies, as we all have problems, at one time or another, with spelling or grammer.  As long as we each realize that each of us is human and trying to communicate, some of these things don't really matter.  You might also review the tenets of Esperanto, designed well over a 100 years ago, which was originally intended as a language for persons of all nations, regardless of language, to communicate.  In some respects, our postings sometime emulate some of Esperanto's qualities.  The bottom line...as long as we get the message across, we should not care.

IMHO..... *(:>)* 

BBgarage

Reply #8   Jan 5, 2006 1:12 am
I figure most of the the time people use those abbreviations is because they have been using instant messanger while writing up a post. Sometime I will be working on a paper while talking to friends and find myselft typing in IM slang.

I respect people who speak other languages as they all manage to speak english better than I could speak there language, so I don't want to jump on the insult there english skill wagons, though sometime people will write something incomprehensible. For example, our cleaning ladies wrote my mother a note that said: "Dear mrs. barbara, i have a accident in basement and broked your hay(yes, like the stuff horses eat). I am very sorry...." Now it turns out they broke a lamp. Anyway, Denis obviously doesnt speak perfect english, so I don' t think he deserves any commemoration for that, though he definatly speaks better english than I could probably ever speak another language along with most here, never mind what they can currently speak. He also makes sense with what he writes. As far as any critisim, I believe it is OK, just make it constructive. You dont have to always worry about people feelings, but you shouldn't be trying to hurt them(most of the time).

Now the people who really piss me off are those who type in intentionally broken english to sound "ghetto," they deserve a smacking(theres this 17 year old rick kid on acurazine whose parents bought him a 35k car and are thinking of getting him something even nicer who says things such as: "man, dat was off d hook man, I wuz goin so fast, jeez," Literally typing Dat, d, wuz, wut, yo, etc.

Mike
Emmo

Reply #9   Jan 5, 2006 12:08 pm
buttlint wrote:

Seems Driller may have had a point.......Are you guys getting your chains yanked?

What happened to drillers comment??? Apparantly someone has taken offense.

Those that have been around here for a while, know that "Denis" isn't really Denis.

Watch and see, but those who know better won't be falling for it.

BBgarage

Reply #10   Jan 5, 2006 3:29 pm
Censorship? Thats not  nice :waivingfinger:
Moderator Denis

Reply #11   Jan 5, 2006 6:13 pm
Folks! Thanks a lot for all your comments about language. I see taht people care about it and thats ok.

All your respect

Denis

Drillertoo

Reply #12   Jan 5, 2006 7:34 pm
Emmo wrote:
What happened to drillers comment??? Apparantly someone has taken offense.

Those that have been around here for a while, know that "Denis" isn't really Denis.

Watch and see, but those who know better won't be falling for it.

Symbolism at it's finest Emmo.
It appears that Buttlint's comment was deleted too.

It takes a lot of work to appear to be an idiot on purpose.

Yank too much...........

buttlint

Reply #13   Jan 5, 2006 8:06 pm
Hey!!!!!
Whatayoudoawidmepost!
Yougodda problem wid Italian boys from Motown?
Where is moderator when you needs one?
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42