Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ashamed...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
oakville

ashamed...
Original Message   Jan 1, 2006 2:23 pm
ok, i'm ashamed to admit it, but we got 2 inches of snow yesterday, and i used my 926DLE to clear it.  i know it seems like a waste of gas, but i really wanted to use it.  in a feeble attempt at redemption, i did two neighbours' driveways and sidewalks too.  of course, with only 2 inches, i was back inside in under 20 minutes for all three.

i'm so ashamed....

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
plugger

Re: ashamed...
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2006 4:41 pm
You should do what I do in that situation.  Push into a big pile with a shovel then use the snowblower to move the pile.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #2   Jan 2, 2006 8:22 pm
Ashamed....???

I do the same thing with my 1332DLE...!!

Consider it practice......it's good to break in the baby .........using it justifies owning it....

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Reply #3   Jan 2, 2006 9:14 pm
I did the same thing when I first got my 1128DLE.

Now ......I feel MUCH better that I got that off my chest.

We just unwittingly started a new organization.  We can call it Snowblowers Anonymous (SA)....  where you can bare your soul; receive consolation and absolutely get NO HELP  from other ailing members. lol

drumsonly2002

Reply #4   Jan 2, 2006 11:06 pm

You were outside in the fresh air, walking, moving a piece of equipment around. Others were in a gym, paying to do the same inside. You accomplished good will, and got to go out side rather than sit on the coach and think of what to do. I figure you did some good for yourself and others. A snowblower is more than a machine, it's something that gets one outside in the fresh air. Thus worth it's weight as far as exercise goes. I think a snowblower as more than a machine. It's a low impact workout, a thing to get one outside when it's cold, snowing and windy, a tool to clear the driveway, and something that makes snow storms more fun, thus bringing one to a more fun time in life when going outside when snowing is actually........ FUN!

BBgarage

Reply #5   Jan 3, 2006 10:31 am
Guilty
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42