Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Turning the disk drive plate ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MJT63

Turning the disk drive plate ?
Original Message   Dec 24, 2005 7:44 am
New here and I thank you all for all your input.
I have a Noma/Murray snowthrower. I service it well and it still runs trouble free.
When I grease the zerk fitting under the disk drive plate, I always have a hard time "turning " disc drive plate by hand to access the zerk fitting.
It doesn't seem to turn by hand and I end up starting the machine, using the controls, then looking under the machine to see if the zerk is exposed.
Any ideas in what I'm doing wrong here ?   Happy Holidays  !
Mike

Honda HS1132 TAS
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MJT63

Re: Turning the disk drive plate ?
Reply #3   Dec 26, 2005 8:18 am
Marty,  Thanks for the compliments. I  try to take care of my things. I enjoy it, and it makes a lot of sense too !
Again, thank you.    Nibbler, I'll try that. I remember once I was able to turn it by hand much easier. I forgot exactly what I did though.
I might have tried rotating the wheels when it was up. I hate lowering it, starting it, checking the zerk, then raising it back up.
Thanks again and I wish all a healthy New Year.

Mike

Honda HS1132 TAS
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #4   Dec 26, 2005 7:48 pm
What if you were to remove the spark plug and turn over the engine with the starter rope while holding down the appropriate control handle. Would this bring the zerk to the proper place?

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
nibbler

Reply #5   Dec 27, 2005 3:00 pm
Whups - I just reread my post and I think you want to turn the wheels with the traction system dis-engaged. If its engaged you're trying to turn the engine over.
MJT63

Reply #6   Dec 28, 2005 7:28 am
No problem, I think I'm getting the idea that it works from the  wheels. I 'll try the suggestions and see what works.
I think I engaged the drive system and turned the wheels by hand.  I didn't remember this year, the next time I have it up, I'll try again.
Thank you all again.

Mike

Honda HS1132 TAS
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42