Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower Cabs

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Boyzfan

Snowblower Cabs
Original Message   Dec 20, 2005 10:27 pm
Im sick of getting a face full of snow. Do any of you have one? I was just wondering how they worked. Can you see thru them when the snow hits? I would like any input.
Replies: 4 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Boyzfan

Re: Snowblower Cabs
Reply #4   Dec 21, 2005 12:36 am
How are these installed. Is there any drilling? I forgot to ask that in my original post.
patsfan

Reply #5   Dec 21, 2005 7:48 am
There shouldn't be any drilling involved. I had one on my old snowblower for almost 20 years and never had a problem with seeing . Now I have one on my Toro that I bought in '03 and still love it.  I did buy the weight kit for the Toro Just makbecause it's a lighter machine than my old Bolens was,but that's up to you.  I'd never be without a cab again. No snow blowing back at you,no cold wind.........it's great !  Just make sure it'll fit through your shed door. You can always tilt it so that it does.

formerly OT
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #6   Dec 21, 2005 9:13 am
There is no drilling....It is easier to "build" the frame right on the blower then to assemble the whole frame , then install it.
Mine is very quality....made just for my year Ariens.....

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
kipsy

Reply #7   Dec 21, 2005 12:18 pm
it gets pretty loud in the cab, i bought ear protection.

2004 jd lt180 m42 deck 2000 ariens 824 1987 honda 5s21 1995 honda push mower 2005 honda 25cc trimmer
nibbler

Reply #8   Dec 22, 2005 9:41 pm
kipsy wrote:
it gets pretty loud in the cab, i bought ear protection.

You should use ear protection when using a snowblower even if you don't have a cab.

I use ear plugs and ear muffs at the same time. From what I've read the plugs give a couple of  db more protection. The ear muffs keep my ears a bit warmer. I use the setup I got for using a chainsaw, hard hat, mesh face sheild and ear muffs attached to the helmet. I don't use the shield that often when I need it I just flip it down.
Replies: 4 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42