Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity 8560E

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stevo226

Simplicity 8560E
Original Message   Dec 16, 2005 4:08 pm
Well, today I ordered a Simplicity 8650E with optional light.  Dealer may be able to deliver tomorrow.  Initally I was going to get an Ariens 7524E but wanted a light.  The 926LE just seemed two large.  The Simplicty 8560E unit offered a more powerful and some other features in the same size package as the Ariens 7524.  I was turned onto the Simplicty after see a Snapper unit that was almost identical.  Got two Simplicity dealers within 10 miles.  I bought it from a small Father, son & daughter outfit.  They seemed knowledgeble helpful and polite.  While the Snapper dealer is two miles from home,  I kind of figured that Snapper is mostly know for the lawn care products rather than Snow Removal and they are based in Georgia.  I have read good things about the Simplicity products on this site and I am excited about recieving the 8560E.  Thanks again for all your assistance.  I will let you know how the unit works whenever we get some snow.

Simplicty 8560E, Cub Cadet 1200 w/Peco Leaf Collection, Cub Cadet 1250 & 1650.
Replies: 10 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
stevo226

Re: Simplicity 8560E
Reply #10   Dec 16, 2005 10:48 pm
Snowman,

Thanks for the info.  Is this a true 8.5hp engine?  Do you know if is a Dual Bore Cast Sleeve or an Aluminim Alloy Bore?

Snowmann

Reply #11   Dec 17, 2005 11:33 pm
Stevo226,

While only Briggs can be sure, the engine likely meets the SAE standard for horsepower. Not meeting the SAE standard for their rated horsepower would not be a good idea for obvious reasons.

Also, this engine may not have equivalent  torque of competitive 8hp engines due to low relative displacement and rotating mass (smaller piston bore, crankshaft etc), but as long as a unit has "enough" power, more doesn't help much (hence the freakish V-8 snowblowers on the internet that only throw 40-50 feet with 400+ hp).

I've seen the Simplicity 8560E. The unit is likely amply powered for it's intended capacity and performance.

I believe the Intek version has a cast iron bore and the Powerbuilt version has an aluminum bore. The cast iron bore is not of high value on a snow engine. They're not run enough hours in their life to deteriorate an aluminum bore and the airborne contaminants in the intake charge (that typcially score cylinder walls) are not present in the winter (hence no air filters on snow engines). 

PK

stevo226

Re: Simplicity 8560E - Delivered today
Reply #12   Dec 23, 2005 4:15 pm
Dealer delivered my 8560E Simplicity this morning.  The technician/mechanic, took the time to show me all the features, briefed me on machine maintenance, discussed safety and showed me how to operate the blower.  The blower looks great and I am looking forward to using it whever we get snow again.  Thanks to all how assisted me with questions and research.

jubol

Reply #13   Dec 23, 2005 4:21 pm
Stevo,

When you get a big dump of snow, and your next door friends are out shoveling for 2 to 4 hours.

You mosey out, do all of yours in about 20 to 30 minutes, you will blow their minds!!

You will start to look forward to big snow storms, with a blower it's FUN!!!!!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 10 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42