Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 935 Snow Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wirepaladin

Ariens 935 Snow Blower
Original Message   Dec 15, 2005 9:37 am
A friend just gave me his old Ariens.  It worked fine for about a week.  The engine starts on the first pull, and the drive wheels turn, but the auger does not move--this was preceeded by a squealing sound.  There is no obstruction that I can see.  I poured hot water on it just to make sure there was no ice jam, but it still would not move.  I took the cover off, and both belts looked ok.  Some people suggest replacing the auger belt.  How is this done?  Or could it be a shear pin?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
solara

Re: Ariens 935 Snow Blower
Reply #1   Dec 15, 2005 11:36 am
y

can u spin the augers when the machine is off?  then it is a shear pin. u should be able to see them. my guess is that is unlikely as they usually break one at a time....so 1/2 would still spin. 

perhaps  u need to adjust the belt.

usually u can download a n ariens  manual from the web , if u have the serial and model; #s.

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
jubol

Reply #2   Dec 15, 2005 11:41 am
Wire,

You might have a stone wedged behind the impeller.

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
BBgarage

Reply #3   Dec 15, 2005 5:51 pm
on my new one the auger stopped engaging, the idiots at HD hadnt tightend the cable enuogh. Try pulling on the cable, see if that does it.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42