Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity Snow Blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Perpro

Simplicity Snow Blowers
Original Message   Dec 15, 2005 12:08 am
Ive been around snow blowers for a while and simplicity seems to be the thickest steel and the most heavy duty as i have seen!!  Anyone have any opinions on these machines?  Likes Dislikes ect
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
zasquatch

Re: Simplicity Snow Blowers
Reply #3   Dec 15, 2005 9:22 am
I just recently bought the 860 (24").  I've only used it a couple of times so far, but it has done a great job and is easy enough for my wife to handle.  It really seems to be built well.  After looking at nearly every brand I could find in my area, I decided to buy an Ariens 7524E, but none of my local dealers had one and I didn't want to order it off the internet.  Then I discovered a Simplicity dealer nearby.  I was really impressed with the build quality.  It has the B&S Intek Snow OHV engine, starts on the first pull, runs very smooth and relatively quiet.  The only improvement I'd like to see is, it has manual control for the vertical angle of the chute deflector, but in my case I don't need to move that very often.   I'm very happy with the machine.  I think it quite similar to the Ariens 7524, but has good sized 15" tires instead of the 12".  But it does cost a little more than the Ariens.  I don't know the answer to  your question about having the thickest steel, but it certainly is well built and they use very little plastic.
Boyzfan

Reply #4   Dec 15, 2005 10:51 am
I have an 1170 and I love it. I think the best feature on these machines is the power boost. I have never had this machine clog up on me. It blows snow a mile, and its the best blower I have owned. I liked it so much I bought a Simplicity tractor last spring.
PCPC

Honda 1132 snow thrower, Simplicity 1060 snow thrower, RedMax EBZ8000 leaf blower, older Snapper self propelled mower, Echo weed wacker, 20 + year old 16" McCulloch Chain Saw, wheel barrel with a flat tire, and a rusty shovel!

Reply #5   Dec 15, 2005 12:26 pm
Honda also has a type of "power boost". I know, with my 1132, there's what I call a governor, which senses engine load (I believe trough a drop in manifold pressure), and increases engine RPM to compensate.
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42