Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > JOHN DEERE TRS 32 DRIVE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
peek

JOHN DEERE TRS 32 DRIVE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT??
Original Message   Dec 14, 2005 6:02 am
Does anyone know how to adjust the drive chain on the John Deere trs 32, the chain keeps falling off, and I can not see how this adjustment is made. I have to assume it is fairly easy to do. Thanks, Sandy
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: JOHN DEERE TRS 32 DRIVE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT??
Reply #1   Dec 14, 2005 9:23 am
Sandy - there is no adjustment. When the chain falls off (there should be two chains) it usually means that bushing(s) or bearing(s) has worn so excessively that the shafts don't run true. This in turn causes the gears to wobble & eventually the chain falls off. You will have to inspect all the shafts for excessive play. My bet is that the hex shaft is moving around too much - it bears most of the machine's load. Sorry I can't be more precise, but this is a true case where you have to dilligently inspect to find the cause.

HTH - Marty

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42