Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > need help locating a gear for a Bolens 4021 snow thrower gear box

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
helix_guy

need help locating a gear for a Bolens 4021 snow thrower gear box
Original Message   Dec 13, 2005 8:48 am
I have a Bolens 4021 24"-snow blower (Red one) , with Techumsa engine, I am attempting to rebuild. The engine is good, but the prior owner took out the shear pins and put in bolts, and hit something. The front spiral box gear,  a brass spiral gear is eaten away. The auger shaft gear is steel and ok. The gear measures 2-1/4" dia. the shaft is 1" diameter, with a 1/4" keyway. The gear is 1-1/8" thick, solid brass 20T. I have looked at the MTD-Troy built sites, they seem to use a similiag gear, but their shaft size is 3/4". with a 3/16" keyway.  I am sure of the model number, since that is what is on the plate on the back of the unit, Model 4021, ser. no. 0100826. I even have the users amnual with that number, which does not seem to corelletate to anything else. All I need is this one gear. Anyone have one or know where I can get one. I tried to navigate the MTD site, but they only have the smaller shaft gear. Email me at hager15@juno.com.
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42