Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HELP!!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nellyrocs

HELP!!!!
Original Message   Dec 12, 2005 12:01 pm
I am very discouraged with Sears.  I have a snow thrower there trying to get fixed and I am having no luck.  I have an engine number and a carb. number and they cannot find the model number...can anyone help me?  I know it is around 25 years old...it worked until last winter and I just needed the carb. replaced.  The numbers are :

143696092 engine number

632334A carb number

It is a craftsman 8.5 hp snowthower.  Any info would help.

Thanks.

Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
nellyrocs

Re: HELP!!!!
Reply #4   Dec 12, 2005 1:39 pm
ok...I am a woman...but...it has been to the sears repair center and they supposedly could not find it and refused to research it...so I was trying to take things into my own hands.... thought having these part numbers it might lead to a model number.

Thanks for the thought though.

jubol

Reply #5   Dec 12, 2005 1:52 pm
Nelly,

What make and HP is your engine.

Once you have that, you can call the maker and ask them what year the engine was built.

Then you will know what year the blower was made, either the same as the engine or one year later.

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
birkshnart

Reply #6   Dec 12, 2005 4:17 pm
The model of the engine, 143.696092 is a Tecumseh engine.  Any model number on an engine on a Sears/Craftsman that starts with 143 is a Tecumseh.  The blower itself should have a similar model number ie :xxx.xxxxxx. 

This link will show you what manufacturer corresponds to the 3 digit pre-fix. 

www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers-Name.asp

(sorry-could not get the link button to work)

As for your carb nelly, any local Tecumseh engine dealer should be able to get you one if it is still available within a day or 2.  Go to:

www.tecumsehpower.com/frameset.php?page=CustomerService/ServiceLocator/index.php

and find your local dealer.
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42