Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Carb Leaking

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nor_easter

2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Carb Leaking
Original Message   Dec 12, 2005 10:41 am
First off, I have to say that after using the snow blower for the first time on friday in 15" of snow it's awesome. The plume of snow was huge and caused a couple of my neighbors to stop snow blowing their driveways, they all have older Ariens, and watch. For those of you concerned about the controls on the newer models, they work flawlessly. However, time will tell as far as durability. My only gripe is that the lowest forward gear could be lower. I fealt as though it was a little too fast to be tackling the EOD muck.

OK now my problem, after finishing I fueled the gas tank up without turning off the fuel-line valve. Moments after finishing I noticed a steady stream of fuel out of the carb. I quickly shut the fuel line valve and the leaking stopped. What are possible causes/fixes for this? I didn't notice any gas smell while using the blower or when I opened the valve and primed it to begin using it. Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
Nick

Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Outline
loudsubz

Re: 2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Carb Leaking
Reply #1   Dec 12, 2005 10:56 am
Where exactly on the carb is it leaking? Is it leaking by the bowl or another location? The bowl on mine was also leaking gas but I noticed the bowl screw came loose on the bottom and the bowl was spinning so there was no seal along the top to seal the gas in..then my engine started to run really bad and woulnd't keep speed anymore.     
JohnEDavies

Reply #2   Dec 12, 2005 1:21 pm
nor_easter wrote:

My only gripe is that the lowest forward gear could be lower. I fealt as though it was a little too fast to be tackling the EOD muck.

I can't comment on the fuel leakage, other than you perhaps have some trash stuck in the bowl.

The lowest speed is easily adjusted by tinkering with the speed adjustment linkage in accordance with the owner's manual. Tweak it one way or the other until you are happy with the results. You don't even need to open the access panel, tho that is helpful to see what is happening.

The adjustment shifts the position of the driven wheel in relation to the drive disk - moving the driven wheel in toward the center slows it down.

Easy.

John Davies.
BBgarage

Reply #3   Dec 13, 2005 3:11 pm
My carb leaks too, only when its not running after it has been. I look at it to tell when I have primed enough. I shut of the fuel valve after every use so I don't find it to be a problem.
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #4   Dec 14, 2005 7:08 pm
JohnEDavies wrote:
I can't comment on the fuel leakage, other than you perhaps have some trash stuck in the bowl.

The lowest speed is easily adjusted by tinkering with the speed adjustment linkage in accordance with the owner's manual. Tweak it one way or the other until you are happy with the results. You don't even need to open the access panel, tho that is helpful to see what is happening.

The adjustment shifts the position of the driven wheel in relation to the drive disk - moving the driven wheel in toward the center slows it down.

Easy.

John Davies.

I bought a 7524E this year at HD and got it in a BOX. I noticed 2 problems right off the bat.

#1 It arrived in the reverse speed "1" and had a hard time getting over into the forward gear portion of the control. What I did find on this problem was that the nut in back of the spring on the gear selector lever was too tight and it would not let me pull the lever back enough to clear the divider between the reverse and forward gears which protrudes more than the rest of the notches.The fix was a simple adjustment on the nut which then permitted the lever to come back far enough to clear the the protrusion.

#2 I decided to make sure the gear selector was properly adjusted as per the manual and it sure was not in spec but' after following the procedure I got it to where it belonged.

YOUR SPEED PROBLEM IS PROBABLY RELATED TO #2.        Best of luck   Allan

nor_easter

Reply #5   Dec 17, 2005 3:26 pm
Thank you for your suggestions on adjusting the lowest gear speed. I opened up the bowl the other day and backflushed it to no avail. It still leaks out of the throat of the carb where the butterfly is. The machine is new so I phoned the dealer I purchased it from and they reluctantly agreed to come and take a look/repair it.
nor_easter

FIXED: 2005/2006 Ariens 926LE Carb Leaking
Reply #6   Jan 10, 2006 11:47 am
Ok, now the follow up. The carb was leaking because the float was becomming saturated with gas and sinking. I hope this may help someone else in the future.

Cheers

solara

Reply #7   Jan 10, 2006 11:49 am
So what was the fix? New float?

Was the original float defective?

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
nor_easter

Reply #8   Jan 10, 2006 12:40 pm
I'll find out when they bring it back tomorrow. I just talked to the dealer on the phone.
70chevrolet

Reply #9   Jan 10, 2006 7:03 pm
must be a defective float or simply adjusted wrong. the last tecumesh float I replaced was metal. Not sure if the newer ones are plastic or what? The metal ones tend to bend more then plastic and go out of adjustment.
nor_easter

Reply #10   Jan 12, 2006 1:36 pm
Solara - The float had a hairline crack in it so it was replaced.

70 Cheverolet - I remember and prefered the metal ones so you're dating both of us =^)

70chevrolet

Reply #11   Jan 12, 2006 6:03 pm
No disrespect... I have just replaced more metal than plastic. Probably just bad luck. If it makes you feel better, I prefer radio over television, vinyl over CD and Carburetors over Fuel Infection. I guess old habits just die hard...

Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42