Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow Blower Starter

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
spfergie

Snow Blower Starter
Original Message   Dec 10, 2005 11:23 pm
I have an old Jacobsen Sno Burst w/electric start and the starter just went out can anybody tell me where I might be able to find a new one.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
RnB213

Re: Snow Blower Starter
Reply #1   Dec 19, 2005 10:12 pm
Figure out what make of engine is on the machine get those model numbers, contact a local dealer for parts.  Jacobsen has long been out of business in the consumer market.

Toro/Lawnboy, Simplicity, Snapper, Husqvarna,Jonsered, Briggs, Tecumseh,Kohler,Honda
RnB213

Reply #2   Dec 19, 2005 10:14 pm
Oh sorry Try Ordertree.com Jacobsen stuff under the Homelite name, but the starter would be a engine OEM

Toro/Lawnboy, Simplicity, Snapper, Husqvarna,Jonsered, Briggs, Tecumseh,Kohler,Honda
iLikeOrange

Reply #3   Dec 20, 2005 8:01 am
If you can't find a replacement, you may be able to have the starter rebuilt.  Look in your local Yellow Pages under electric motors.

jubol

Reply #4   Dec 20, 2005 9:36 am
Check what model engine you have.

Then look on Ebay and buy a new one!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
solara

Reply #5   Dec 20, 2005 1:56 pm
i have the same model w/o the electric starter. I have seen starters for this machine on ebay , sporadically.

I changed the pull starter grip from the little bar that came w/ it to a mitten pull, 3-5$. It took 2 minutes to cahange . all i had to do was untie and then tie a  knot.

MAKES a huge huge difference. Exponentially easier to pull and start.

I had been looking for a scraper bar. I called one local guy and ge laughed, said he had sold the model more tyhan 20 yrs ago.
Of cousre the scraper bar is easily acqired from many sources over  net.

By the way if u mean the key start as opposed to an electric starter, u can just   twist the 2 wires together and bypass the key start
(or put in a toggle)

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42