Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HELP! Lift lever can't hold it's own!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mfg2mow

HELP! Lift lever can't hold it's own!
Original Message   Dec 9, 2005 9:37 am
I recently bought a house and included in the price was a 23hp Craftsman LT3000 and I recently took off the mower attachment and put on the 48" Craftsman snow plow. It was fairly rusted but seems to work fine. The only problem is that when I lift the blade the lift lever doesn't lock into place. Sometimes I can get it to lock, usually after cranking it back at full force 4-5 times. Is this a common problem or a sign of some sort of corrosion? Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix it? Is there some adjustment that I make or something like that?

Thanks!

Michael

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: HELP! Lift lever can't hold it's own!
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2005 10:03 am
Michael - chances are water got down the tube & is prohibiting movement of the spring latch. Just SOAK it with some good penetrating oil (NOT WD40!) & work it in by hitting the button lock a few times. This should loosen it up & make it catch. Easy enough?

Marty

mfg2mow

Reply #2   Dec 9, 2005 1:42 pm
Majorxlr8n wrote:
Michael - chances are water got down the tube & is prohibiting movement of the spring latch. Just SOAK it with some good penetrating oil (NOT WD40!) & work it in by hitting the button lock a few times. This should loosen it up & make it catch. Easy enough?

Marty

Marty-

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Is this the type of stuff you are talking about:

http://www.blasterproducts.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1

-Michael

Majorxlr8n

Reply #3   Dec 9, 2005 4:05 pm
PB Blaster is good stuff. I like good old Liquid Wrench too!

Marty

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42