Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 828 LXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kungfuparachute

Toro 828 LXE
Original Message   Dec 8, 2005 1:42 pm
Greetings,

I'm a first timer.

I've seen postings from people that have chosen others over the Toro 828LXE but none from anyone who has purchased the Toro.  I have an opportunity to get a new LXE at a good price and would like some positive feedback before I buy it. 

Any thoughts?

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
solara

Re: Toro 828 LXE
Reply #1   Dec 8, 2005 6:00 pm
theRE IS A GUY  IN li , NEW YORK THAT POSTS.  he thinx its the gretest thing ever.  (but he did change the non adjustable carb)all post on it are very very positive

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
solara

Reply #2   Dec 8, 2005 6:11 pm
the guys name is ritche

this might gwt u to the thread.

if not do a serch on this site for "ritchie and toro" and it will come up

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/8728-A-1.html

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
al_in_nh

Reply #3   Dec 8, 2005 9:07 pm
I have the Toro 828LXE.  I have had it about one year and I think it does well.  It has never clogged, or never broke a shear bolt. From what I have been hearing from the dealer, It doesn't really have shear pins in the Auger, but bolts instead.  If something like a newspaper gets stuck there, it will just stall out instead of breaking pins.  And it always handled what it had to.  I have a gravel driveway and have slung out my share of small stones.  The plastic chute was not phased by the rocks.  There were some minor adjustments that I had to make due to incorrect preparation at the dealer.  We got a lot of snow last year here in NH.  The turning triggers work real well.  Also if you need to make major or minor course corrections, you can use the triggers for that without having to muscle it in the correct direction.  The joystick is very easy to use.  One control stick will adjust the height and direction of throw.  This is my first snowblower, so I can't really compare it to others.

Good luck in your decision, I don't think you would be dissapointed with the Toro.
kungfuparachute

Reply #4   Dec 8, 2005 10:03 pm
Thanks for your thoughts.

I checked out Ritchie's posting.  I ordered the machine a few minutes ago.   FYI The big question on Ritchie's posting was where is Toro made.  Toro is located right here in Minnesota.  I drive past the plant when I visit the in-laws.  The parts, however, may be made elsewhere.

Let it snow.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42